Our thoughts on the future of digital innovation and the cloud.
Microsoft Canada regularly assesses its services to ensure there is reasonable alignment across its regions and, as a result, service will have a price increase by 5% to align with USD levels effective Dec. 1st, 2018.
The price increase of Microsoft Canada will include the following:
- Volume licensing program
- Enterprise Agreement (Commercial, Government, Campus, and Enrollment for Education Solutions)
- Open Value Agreement (Commercial, Government, and Education Solutions)
- Agreement (Commercial, Government, and Academic)
- Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)
- Microsoft Subscription Program (Commercial, Government, Not for Profit and Academic)
There are some exceptions. For example, if you have a volume licensing agreement with Office 365 that has price protection you will not see the increase until your current term is up.
How do they determine the price of the increase? According to Microsoft, they utilize a variety of variables to evaluate price to ensure that it is acceptable concerning the demands of their customers and the marketplace. Local and regional market characteristics, such as competition, company models, local currency rates, and local inflation, are among the elements to consider.
Microsoft keeps its prices constant and predictable. Any future pricing adjustments will be evaluated in light of Microsoft’s internal pricing policy and processes in order to maintain reasonably stable rates.
For more information please have a look at the PDF provided by Microsoft or give us a call.