Creating Workplace Flexibility and Secure Remote Operations at MEC using Windows Virtual Desktop
Rapidly Deliver a Secure Virtualized Experience to Remote Teams
With the global pandemic, retailers are relying on remote work more than ever, and Windows Virtual Desktop is helping them rapidly deliver a secure Windows 10 desktop experience to their teams.
In this challenge, MEC needed to increase agility and scale to meet the changing requirements and address continuity issues. So, MEC needed a digital solution to allow them to:
- Provide the best “in-office” culture as they could to a 2,000-person workforce. The workforce comprises corporate staff and frontline retail team in stores and warehouses. Now, they are working away from their offices and stores.
- Multiply their past remote computing capacity almost overnight. Though, that’s only possible with a scalable and cloud-based approach.
- Simplify foundation management and quickly scale based on business cycles.
- Keep data secure and compliant and proactively detect threats to take action on.
- Use existing licenses to save costs and reduce the administrative burden on operational teams.
Connect Securely to MEC’s Enterprise Experience with Windows Virtual Desktop
- Using project management principles, deploy Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) as a desktop and app virtualization service running in Azure to provide a consistent and secure virtualized experience for employees.
- Integrate applications—such as call centre software—enabling call centre employees to work remotely and continue to manage customer orders during a retail boom. This approach also enabled redeploying store staff as call center representatives when they were not able to work in the stores.
- Free up critical IT resources by reducing the amount of far-reaching physical infrastructure to manage and automating updates
- Provide documentation and training to set the team up for long-term success.
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Windows 10 Multi-User
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Functions
- Azure Log Analytics
- Azure VPN
- Azure Sentinel