Major Canadian Energy Company
Creating a Lift-and-Shift Cloud Migration Pathway for a Major Canadian Energy Company using Azure
Enabling a Faster, Less Labour-Intensive Migration to the Cloud
Using Invero’s capabilities and expertise, a Canadian Energy Company made their cloud migration seamless, cost-effective and easy by implementing a repeatable lift-and-shift approach.
In response to the oil market collapse, oil and gas leaders are being forced to consider new ways to adapt to the needs and safety of their people, adjust business operations and models, and satisfy evolving customer demands so they can ultimately return to stability and eventually, growth. In the short term, they must determine what immediate actions need to be taken to survive this turbulent period—including measures to conserve cash by reducing large, regular IT infrastructure investments such as data centres.
To make this happen, this Canadian Energy Company needed a digital innovation partner to guide them on:
- A low-risk method for “lifting” applications from their on-premises data centre and “shifting” them as-is to the cloud to deliver immediate cost savings and eliminate overhead.
- How to open paths to IT modernization now by moving to an open and more extensible model—Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
- Ways to run their enterprise workloads and business operations without interruption, securely and efficiently in the cloud.
Quickly Gain Agility and Scale with an Expert-Led Migration
- Leverage a proven cloud migration approach, use migration tools and assessments to accelerate the process and move with assurance.
- Provide an expert team available to give advice and help reorganize architecture for cloud deployment—with security and compliance needs in mind.
- Simplify the migration process by not requiring application and architecture changes (also known as rehosting), migrating workloads to dedicated virtual machines (VMs) and keeping management and monitoring interfaces the same.
- Azure Migrate
- Azure Database Migration Service
- Azure Virtual Machines