Designing a New Network Architecture in the Cloud at BCI using Azure
Successfully Prepare the Network for the Migration to the Cloud
The forward-thinking digital leaders at BCI knew they had to manage their transition to the cloud proactively. While they understood the importance of cloud computing for a digital business, they recognized that the cloud could only perform as well as the organization’s network infrastructure. For BCI and other companies preparing to embark on a cloud strategy, aligning the network to the needs of the cloud is a critical first step. But building a cloud-ready network is complicated—especially for IT teams that lack the required cloud networking expertise.
To do this, BCI needed a digital innovation partner to collaborate with them to:
- Review current and future state network requirements to determine the best route to effective, high-availability cloud network architecture.
- Design network security architecture to control access to critical data and high-value systems within the organization.
- Implement monitoring and prevention tools to uncover potential security risks and provide assurance to senior leadership.
- Enable the successful delivery of network services for applications to protect end-users from downtime, enable mobility and improve business resiliency.
Gain Consensus and Shared Understanding of Cloud Networking Requirements
- Deliver customized workshops using Microsoft Teams to get a detailed picture of the current state and future requirements of the network and help BCI determine the best way forward to optimize their network for the cloud – that’s supported by the team.
- Advise on options for secure integrated network architecture and provide a prioritized list of activities to implement the cloud-ready network.
- Provide guidance on best practices—how successful digital businesses operate to highlight areas where BCI could improve. Build commitment to work together to further the cloud journey.
- Azure Virtual Network
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Azure Virtual Wide Area Network (WAN/SDWAN)
- Azure ExpressRoute
- Azure Front Door
- Azure Web Application Firewall
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Sentinel