Creating Remote Workplace Flexibility for Aritzia using Windows Virtual Desktop
Rapidly Deliver a Secure Virtualized Experience to Remote Teams
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Aritzia had an immediate need to enable a large workforce to be able to work remotely, while maintaining operational effectiveness, efficiency, security, and without significantly increasing costs.
In this challenge, Aritzia needed a quick solution that was cost effective and enabled them them to:
- Provide the best “in-office” experience as they could to their call center workforce.
- Implement a highly scalable solution that could be deployed across the organization.
- Simplify foundation management and quickly scale based on rapidly changing business needs.
- Keep data secure and compliant and proactively detect threats to take action on.
- Use existing licenses to save costs and reduce the administrative burden on operational teams.
Connect Securely to Aritzia’s Enterprise Experience with Windows Virtual Desktop
- Using project management principles, deploy Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) as a desktop and app virtualization service running in Azure to provide a consistent and secure virtualized experience for employees.
- Integrate applications—such as call centre software—enabling call centre employees to work remotely and continue to manage customer orders during a retail boom. This approach also enabled redeploying store staff as call center representatives when they were not able to work in the stores.
- Free up critical IT resources by reducing the amount of far-reaching physical infrastructure to manage and automating updates
- Provide documentation and training to set the team up for long-term success.
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Windows 10 Multi-User
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Functions
- Azure Log Analytics
- Azure VPN
- Azure Sentinel